UAlbany, Stony Brook set to clash for Golden Apple
vs. Stony Brook, 3:30 p.m., Tom & Mary Casey Stadium
Records: UAlbany 2-8, 0-7 CAA | Stony Brook 7-3, 5-2 CAA
ALBANY, N.Y. — The University at Albany football team and rival Stony Brook, ranked No. 10 in the country, will meet in the regular-season finale Saturday at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m. on an afternoon when the Great Danes will honor 16 seniors before the game.
The winner of the annual "Empire Clash" will bring the Golden Apple trophy back to campus for the next year. Stony Brook has held the trophy since winning in overtime, 28-21, last year on Long Island. But the Great Danes lead the all-time series, 11-8. The longtime rivals had faced each other as members of the Northeast Conference until 2007, when Stony Brook left the league. Both programs joined the CAA in 2013.
The Great Danes are facing a STATS Top 25 opponent for the fourth time in five weeks. UAlbany beat a ranked opponent, No. 16 New Hampshire, in last year's regular-season finale at Casey Stadium, winning 15-0.
NEWS AND NOTES
UAlbany will be honoring 16 seniors before Saturday’s game:
- Neven Sussman: Has played in 41 career games and worked at quarterback, linebacker, punter and on special teams during his career. At QB, he threw for 1,618 yards with eight touchdowns.
- Vincent Testaverde: Spent this past season with the Great Danes as a redshirt senior. Threw for 1,714 yards and 11 TDs in eight starts.
- Kareem Brown: Played in 32 career games in three seasons at UAlbany. Has been a starter in the secondary every game in 2017 and 2018.
- Greig Stire: Four-year basketball player who joined the football program this season, working as a reserve tight end.
- Ethan Stark: Has made 12 of 13 field goals this season, including a career-long 51 yarder against Morgan State. Made 36 of 51 field goals for his career.
- Sam Davis: Reserve offensive lineman from nearby Johnstown, N.Y., has contributed on special teams.
- Luke Ritter: Two-year starter on the offensive line.
- Lukas Repetti: Has appeared in 38 career games at tight end and caught four passes for 35 yards.
- Brian Dolce: Three-year starter on the defensive line has 118 career tackles and 8.0 career sacks.
- Jack Dudzinski: Appeared in 21 career games on the offensive line. Son of defensive coordinator Keith Dudzinski.
- Nick Dillon: Mainstay on the defensive line in three seasons with the program after transferring from Eastern Michigan. Has 20 tackles (10 solo), 3.0 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks.
- Antoine White: Has played in 21 games on the defensive line for UAlbany after transferring from Penn State. Has 35 tackles and 3.5 sacks this season.
- Paul Casanzio: Has played in 27 career games as a long-snapper.
- Tadriek Johnson: Has played in six games this season on special teams, registering a tackle.
- Will Brunson: Has played in 20 games at quarterback, throwing for 2,334 yards and 10 touchdowns.Threw for 1,889 and nine TDs as UAlbany’s starting QB in 2017.
- Isaih Clarke: Has provided depth at wide receiver in four seasons with the program.