UPDATE: Women's Soccer vs. Hartford Kickoff Pushed to 7:00 p.m.
UPDATE: Due to expected thunderstorms in the area in the afternoon, the women's soccer game at Hartford has been pushed back two hours to 7:00 p.m. The originial story follows.
ALBANY, N.Y. – Coming off of two straight four-goal performances, the University at Albany women’s soccer team will play its second-straight game on the road on Thursday with a visit to Hartford.
The Great Danes last visited Maine on Sunday, defeating the Black Bears 4-0. Midfielder Meghan Cavanaugh netted two goals, both of which were set up by Caroline Kopp. Cavanaugh’s performance, including her single goal in the team’s 4-1 victory at home over Vermont last Thursday, earned her the first America East Offensive Player of the Week honor of her career.
Hartford’s last game, this past Thursday, was also against Maine. The Hawks defeated the Black Bears 1-0. The game was Hartford’s second on the road since September 2, during which time the Hawks have gone 6-2-0 overall.
Hartford currently leads the America East standings as the last team without a conference loss. The Hawks are tied with Stony Brook with 10 points, with the Seawolves having played one more conference game, but the Hawks have four fewer overall losses than the next closest team. UAlbany is currently in a three-way tie for third with New Hampshire and UMass Lowell with matching 2-1-1 conference records.
Following the game against Hartford, UAlbany will return to Tom & Mary Casey Stadium for its final two home games of the 2018 regular season starting Sunday, October 14 against New Hampshire and concluding Thursday, October 18 against UMBC. The regular season finale will be Sunday, October 21 at Binghamton.
THE OUTLOOK: HARTFORD (10-1-2, 3-0-1 America East) │ Thursday, October 11, 5:00 p.m. │ West Hartford, Conn.
Last we met: T, 1-1 (2OT), October 5, 2017, Albany, N.Y.
Tale of the Tape
- UAlbany is 3-4-1 on the road this season
- Hartford is 5-1-1 at home
- After playing four of its first six games on the road, Hartford has played five of its last seven at home
- Hartford and UAlbany each defeated Siena 3-0
- Hartford defeated UMass Lowell 4-2; UAlbany lost 2-1
- Hartford tied Vermont 1-1; UAlbany defeated Vermont 4-1
- Hartford defeated Maine 1-0; UAlbany defeated Maine 4-0
- Hartford leads the America East in scoring offense (2.54 GPG); UAlbany ranks second (2.13)
- Hartford leads in scoring defense (0.85 GPG)
- Mariah Williams leads the America East with 11 goals and is tied for the lead with 24 points
- Caroline Kopp leads with nine assists
Series History: Hartford leads 14-3-4
2017 Record: 8-9-2, (4-3-1 AE); second place America East, America East quarterfinalist
Top Offensive Player: Kaila Lozada, Jr., F, (6g, 7a)
Bewteen the Posts: Maia Perez, So., (10-1-2, .756 Sv%, 0.82 GAA)