Men's Soccer Visits Binghamton In Regular Season Finale
ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany men’s soccer team will play its 2017 regular season finale on the road at Binghamton on Wednesday, closing out the season with a second-consecutive road game.
The Great Danes (11-4-1, 3-2-1 AE) last visted Stony Brook over the weekend, playing the Seawolves to a 0-0, double-overtime tie. The tie dropped the Danes into fourth place in the America East standings after UMass Lowell defeated New Hampshire and jumped into third.
Binghamton last played Vermont, falling to the Catamounts 2-0. The Bearcats, who are currently sixth in the America East, have lost three straight games.
UAlbany is one of four teams, including Vermont, New Hampshire, and UMass Lowell, to have clinched America East tournament berths. The remaining four schools, UMBC, Binghamton, Stony Brook, and Hartford, all remain in contention for the final two spots heading into the last day of the regular season.
Vermont sits atop the conference standings with 15 points, followed by New Hampshire and UMass Lowell with 12 points each. Vermont visits New Hampshire Wednesday, and UMass Lowell visits Hartford. With all teams in contention for a spot in the tournament heading into the regular season’s final day of games, scenarios exist for UAlbany to rise to second or fall to fifth.
THE OUTLOOK: BINGHAMTON (5-9-3, 1-3-2 AE) │Wednesday, November 1, 7:00 p.m. │ Binghamton, N.Y.
Last we met: W, 5-1, November 2, 2016, Albany, N.Y.
Tale of the Tape:
- Binghamton is 1-3-1 at home this season
- UAlbany is 4-3-1 on the road
- Binghamton lost to George Maston 4-3 in overtime; UAlbany defeated George Mason 3-1
- Binghamton tied American 1-1; UAlbany defeated American 3-1
- Binghamton and UAlbany both tied Stony Brook 0-0
- Binghamton tied UMBC 1-1; UAlbany lost to UMBC 3-1
- Binghamton and UAlbany both defeated Hartford 1-0
- Binghamton and UAlbany both lost to New Hampshire 2-1
- Binghamton lost to UMass Lowell 2-0; UAlbany defeated UMass Lowell 1-0
- Binghamton lost to Vermont 2-0; UAlbany defeated Vermont 1-0
- UAlbany has won four of the last five vs. the Bearcats
- Daniel Krutzen and Nico Solabarrieta lead the America East with six assists
- Afonso Pinheiro is third in the America East with 18 points
- Danny Vitiello leads the America East with six shutouts
Series History: Binghamton leads 29-18-5
2016 Record: 7-6-6, (1-3-3 AE); seventh place America East, America East quarterfinalist
Top Offensive Player: Nikos Psarras, .Jr, F, (6g, 0a)
Between the Posts: Alejandro Cubillo, R-So., (4-6-1, 1.60 GAA, .727 Sv%)