Men's Soccer Visits Stony Brook
ALBANY, N.Y. – Having wrapped up the 2017 regular season home schedule with a 7-1 record, the University at Albany men’s soccer team will play its final two regular season games on the road starting Saturday with a trip to Stony Brook.
The Great Danes (11-4-0, 3-2-0 AE) last defeated Hartwick at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium on Senior Night. Nico Solabarrieta contributed to both UAlbany goals, scoring the first and assisting to Tommy Quirk on the second. It was Quirk’s first goal at UAlbany.
The Great Danes 7-1 record at home this season included five shutouts. They outscored their visiting opponents 18-4. Dating back to the 2015 regular season opener, UAlbany is 22-4-2 at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium.
Stony Brook last played on October 21 at New Hampshire, falling to the Wildcats 2-0. The Seawolves are winless in their last four games, dating back to a 4-1 victory over Sacred Heart on October 3.
UAlbany currently is third in the America East behind New Hampshire and Vermont, each of which are 4-1 in conference play. The Great Danes are tied with UMass Lowell, but hold the head-to-head victory tiebreaker over the Riverhawks. Additionally, the Danes hold the same tiebreaker over Vermont. Stony Brook is seventh in the standings, and remains in contention for a tournament berth.
THE OUTLOOK: STONY BROOK (6-5-4, 0-3-2 AE) │Saturday, October 28, 7:00 p.m. │ Stony Brook, N.Y.
Last we met: L, 1-2 (OT), October 22, 2016, Albany, N.Y.
Tale of the Tape:
- Stony Brook is 5-2-3 at home this season
- UAlbany is 4-3 on the road
- UAlbany’s last victory over Stony Brook was September 30, 2006
- Since 2006, UAlbany is 0-11-2 against the Seawolves
- Stony Brook lost to UMass Lowell 1-0; UAlbany defeated UMass Lowell 1-0
- Stony Brook lost to Vermont 2-1; UAlbany defeated Vermont 1-0
- Stony Brook tied Hartford 1-1; UAlbany defeated Hartford 1-0
- Stony Brook lost to New Hampshire 2-0; UAlbany lost to New Hampshire 2-1
- Daniel Krutzen and Nico Solabarrieta lead the America East with six assists
- Afonso Pinheiro ranks second in the America East with 18 points
Series History: UAlbany leads 20-19-5
2016 Record: 9-6-3, (4-2-1 AE); second place America East, America East semifinalist
Top Offensive Player: Vince Erdei, Sr., F, (8g, 1a)
Between the Posts: Jacob Braham, So., (1-3-2, 1.20 GAA, .776 Sv%)