GAMEDAY INFORMATION: UAlbany Men's Lacrosse vs. UNC
The opening round game of the 2017 NCAA Men's Lacrosse Tournament is upon us, and in an effort to provide the best gameday experience, UAlbany Athletics wanted to send out a few reminders about tomorrow's game versus North Carolina.
· #8 seed UAlbany Great Danes vs North Carolina
· Casey Stadium at Bob Ford Field
· 7:30 PM Face Off – Doors open at 6:00 PM
PROHIBITED and PERMITTED ITEMS/BAG CHECK
UAlbany Athletics, along with the University at Albany Police Department, reserve the right to search any bag before entry into Casey Stadium. This policy will help to provide a safer environment for our fans and student-athletes.
- Per NCAA rules, please note that UMBRELLAS are PROHIBITED in Casey Stadium.
- Blankets, portable chairs/seats, ponchos are permitted.
- Other PROHIBITED items include but are not limited to:
- LACROSSE STICKS, pets (unless a service dog), bottles, cans, coolers, alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink, professional cameras and tripods, noise makers, banners/signs/sticks, chains, illegals substances, firearms, laser pointers, fireworks, aerosol cans, pepper spray, and any item deemed by UAlbany Athletics or UPD as dangerous or inappropriate.
PARKING and TAILGATING
Please be prepared for additional traffic surrounding Casey Stadium. With the demand of the game, please plan for additional time to arrive at the stadium. We encourage all fans to make their way to Casey Stadium early to bypass the congestion.
SEFCU Lot and Dutch Lot Parking:
· The SEFCU Lot and Dutch Lot are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
o Both lots are $10 to gain entry
· Handicap parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the SEFCU Lot as well as a reserve lot located near the Physical Education Building
· Your legally issued handicap hangtag or license plate will gain you access into these lots SEFCU Lot.
o Both lots are $10 to gain entry.
· Is tailgating allowed on gameday?
o YES! Tailgating is permitted and encouraged in the SEFCU and Dutch parking lots, only. The University at Albany promotes community building activities for its student, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors, and recognizes that tailgating is a time honored tradition at sporting events and other events on college and university campuses. Tailgating has the potential to enhance an event experience within a safe, responsible and controlled environment.
· What time does the SEFCU and Dutch parking lots open for tailgating?
o Tailgating parking lots will open at 12:00 PM. on Saturday and must be cleaned and fully vacated within 90 minutes following the conclusion of the event. There is no overnight parking allowed in the tailgating lots.
· Can I bring my own alcohol to my tailgate?
o YES! Consistent with the University's Policy on Alcohol, alcohol is permitted to be consumed in the tailgating area by individuals who are 21 or older, consistent with NYS law.
· Are glass containers and kegs allowed?
o Glass containers and kegs are prohibited. All drinks should be placed in plastic/disposable cups.
· Can I grill while tailgating?
o YES! Propane grills with cylinders 20 lbs. or under are allowed. Charcoal grills are also permitted but must be disposed of responsibly by dousing the charcoals with water, and emptying them into the labeled metal receptacles provided by the University.
· May I set up a tent at my tailgate?
o YES! Tents or canopies (which may not exceed 10' x 10') are permitted. They must be secured and may not obstruct fire/safety lanes, sidewalks, drive lanes, pedestrian walkways or other parking spots.
· Tickets may be purchased on gameday at both the North and South Box Offices
o You may purchase tickets via UAlbanySports.com/tickets up until 3:00pm on Saturday
· Is located at the South end of Casey Stadium
o Please be prepared for longer lines at will call do to the demand of the game
o To print you ticket at home to bypass will call, please call the UAlbany Ticket Office at 442-DANE