Women's Golf Heads to the Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational
ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany women’s golf team is set to close out its fall campaign this weekend, heading to the Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational on Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20.
Coach Cashman-McSween: "Returning to Rehoboth Beach for our group of four seniors is special. It's a beautiful golf course and a fantastic way to end our fall season. The field this weekend is the most competitive we've seen all fall and we are going down there looking forward to playing some strong golf. If we can focus on eliminating the big numbers and make lots of pars, I think we will fair pretty well."
Leading the Pack
- Annika Espino led the way at the Princeton Invitational with a score of 151 (+7)
- Helga Einarsdottir scored best for UAlbany finishing third with a total score of 222 at the BC Intercollegiate.
- The Great Danes finished third at the BC Intercollegiate out of 14 teams with a score of 904.
- Einarsdottir led the way at the Dartmouth Invitational, finishing sixth with a score of 143 (-1)
- UAlbany picked up its first win of the fall taking down Siena in the Crosstown Challenge by a score of 284 to 327.
- The score of 284 was a new program record for 18 holes.
Lets Have a (Par)ty!
Einarsdottir and Madison Rincon led the way in the win at the Crosstown Challenge, having two rounds of even par 70.
The Great Danes captured their second consecutive MAAC championship in April, winning the league tournament by 17 strokes. With the win, UAlbany earned a berth in the NCAA Tournament for the third time in program history.