Women's Golf Heads to the Princeton Invitational
ALBANY, N.Y.- The University at Albany women’s golf team is set to continue its fall schedule, heading to the Princeton Invitational on Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29. The tournament will take place at Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, New Jersey.
Coach Cashman-McSween: "Everyone is really looking forward to Princeton because it’s a new tournament for all. Coaches included. It’s always an honor whenever we get to tee it up with the Ivy League teams and see such beautiful campuses. The competition this week is as strong as we will see and it’s going to be a great challenge. It will be a fun week for everyone!"
Leading the Pack
- Helga Einarsdottir scored best for UAlbany finishing third with a total score of 222 at the BC Intercollegiate.
- The Great Danes finished third at the BC Intercollegiate out of 14 teams with a score of 904.
- UAlbany picked up its first win of the fall taking down Siena in the Crosstown Challenge by a score of 284 to 327.
- The score of 284 was a new program record for 18 holes.
- Einarsdottir and Madison Rincon led the way at the Crosstown Challenge, having two rounds of even par 70.
The Great Danes captured their second consecutive MAAC championship in April, winning the league tournament by 17 strokes. With the win, UAlbany earned a berth in the NCAA Tournament for the third time in program history.
The Great Danes will close out their fall campaign at the Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational on Saturday, October 19.