Men's Soccer Hosts #23 New Hampshire
ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany men’s soccer team will return to Tom & Mary Casey Stadium Wednesday night after two straight road games to host #23 New Hampshire.
The Great Danes and Wildcats met once last season, in Durham, N.H. UAlbany (9-2-0, 2-0-0 AE) gave up a goal in the first minute of the game, and still trailed in the final 10 minutes of regulation. Great Dane goals in the 84th and 90th minutes by Keith Traut and Nico Solabarrieta clinched the comeback 2-1 victory for UAlbany. Solabarrieta’s goal was scored with six seconds left in regulation.
UAlbany last played on the road at Vermont, defeating the Catamounts 1-0. It was the fourth straight shutout victory over Vermont dating back to the 2015 season. During that stretch, UAlbany has outscored Vermont 10-0. Kaz Boschen scored the game’s lone goal, collecting a loose ball and finding the back of the net, and Danny Vitello, reigning America East Player of the Week, made a season-high eight saves, including five in the second half.
New Hampshire last played home against Hartford, defeating the Hawks 3-0. The Wildcats opened the season with four consecutive shutouts, including one over then #22 Boston College on the road. The Wildcats have given up just three goals all year, leading the America East in scoring defense (UAlbany ranks second with eight goals allowed).
After Wednesday, the Great Danes have just two remaining home games during the 2017 regular season, starting with Hartford on October 20 and ending with Hartwick on October 24.
Reserve your season tickets for the 2017 season for the low price of $50.
This year's season ticket package includes:
- Gold Chairback Seating!
- Postseason ticket priority!
- Official UAlbany Soccer scarf!
Click here to purchase your 2017 UAlbany Men's Soccer season tickets. For more information, interested parties may visit ualbanysports.com/tickets or call the UAlbany ticket office at 518-442-DANE.
THE OUTLOOK: #23 NEW HAMPSHIRE (7-1-3, 1-1-0 AE) │ Wednesday, October 11, 7:00 p.m. │ Albany, N.Y.
Last we met: W, 2-1, October 12, 2017, Durham, N.H.
Tale of the Tape:
- New Hampshire is 2-1-1 on the road this season
- UAlbany is 5-0-0 at home
- UAlbany has won nine consecutive games at home
- The Great Danes broke into the Top Drawer Soccer national poll this week at #25, and are receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches national poll
- UAlbany ranks 16th nationally in scoring offense
- Afonso Pinheiro leads the America East in points (16)
- Daniel Krutzen leads the America East in assists (6)
- Danny Vitiello ranks second in the America East (third nationally) in goals against average (0.33) and save percentage (.913)
Series History: UAlbany leads 9-5-3
2016 Record: 12-7-0, (4-3-0 AE); fourth place America East
Top Offensive Player: Chris Arling, Jr., F, (4g, 0a)
Between the Posts: Andrew Pesci, Gr., (7-1-3, 0.25 GAA, .903 Sv%)