Men's Basketball Travels To South Carolina State On Tuesday
Fox Sports 980 AM (WOFX)
UAlbany Great Danes (3-2) vs. SCS Bulldogs (3-1)
Tuesday, November 20
7:30 p.m (ET) Tip-off
Orangeburg, S.C. (S-H-M Center )
(PxP- Zach Bye)
UAlbany • S.Carolina St.
Fox Sports 980 AM (WOFX)
THE STARTING FIVE
1. Road Warriors
UAlbany finishes up its five-game road trip on Tuesday, Nov. 20 against South Carolina State in the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center. The Great Danes are currently 2-2 of their five-game road trip with wins over Pac-12's Washington (63-62) and UMKC (62-59). UAlbany, with the conclusion of its game vs. South Carolina St., will have played five games in 10 days.
2. Phenomenal Shooting Acknowledged
• Senior guard Jacob Iati was recognized by the America East Conference as the Player of the Week. Iati is hitting his stride from behind the arc, shooting over 50 percent (16-for-13) in five games this season. In three games this past week, the York, Pa. native went 12-of-21 from three-point land and scored 20-plus points twice. Against the defending Pac-12 regular-season champs, Washington, the fifth-year senior lit up for 20 points, tallying six three-pointers in the game. Then in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Classic, Iati scored 35 points, 24 vs. UMKC (career-high) and 11 vs. Loyola (Md.).
• For the season, Iati is averaging 15.4 points and 2.8 rebounds a game. He has hit 16 threes in five games, which is tied-for third in the NCAA.
3. A Little Help From My Friends
When senior guard Mike Black went down in the second half versus Loyola (Md.), the Great Dane bench responded to the call with their leader down. Of the team's 64 total points, UAlbany's bench tallied 27 points with career-bests from Junior College transfer DJ Evans scoring 10 and redshirt-freshman guard Peter Hooley scoring 11.
4. Agent 0
Dating back to last season, UAlbany is 9-4 when guard Jacob Iati makes two or more three pointers in a game. The Great Danes are 4-1 when the senior guard hits five or more triples in a game.
5. The 3-ball Runs In The Family
Fifth-year senior guard Jacob Iati is carrying on the success his older brother and current UAlbany assistant men's basketball coach, Jon, had from behind the arc at UAlbany. Jacob, in three games this season, has tallied 10 three's in 20 games and 59 in 57 career games. Older brother Jon recorded 228 three-pointers in 129 career games as a Great Dane.