UAlbany Sports Information 09-14-2012
N.Y. – The University at Albany women’s tennis team opens
their 2012-13 season at the Cornell Fall Invitational on Friday, Sept. 14 –
Sunday, Sept. 16. The tournament will showcase seven Great Danes in both
singles and doubles competition.
First round matchups will take place throughout the
day Friday with winners advancing into the weekend. There will also be
consolation brackets at each level. Be sure to revisit UAlbany
women’s tennis homepage for tournament updates.
Flight A singes:
(3) Mireille Hermans UA vs. (4) Ryann Young CU, 4 p.m.
(5) Cheryl Kukkonen UA vs. (6) Gopika Kapoor UB, 4 p.m.
(9) Rocio Lopez UA vs. (10) Courtney Malinchak CU, 4 p.m.
(13) Elke Vromans UA vs. (14) Tamara Markovic UB, 4 p.m.
Flight A doubles:
(1) Frazier/O'Neil CU vs. (2) Kukkonen/Hermans UA, 6 p.m.
(5) Tanenbaum/Turudic CU vs. (6) Lopez/Vromans UA, 6 p.m.
Flight B singles:
(3) Christy Kung CU vs. (4) Cat Crummey UA, 4 p.m.
(5) Francine White UA vs. (6) Shir Aharon UB, 4 p.m.
(11) Nina Turudic CU vs. (12) Sarah Iannone UA, 4 p.m.
Flight B doubles:
(3) Iannone/Crummey UA vs. (4) Hernandez/Markovic UB, 6 p.m.
(5) Candanoza/Aharon UB vs. (6) White/Diamandi UA/UB, 6 p.m.