UAlbany Hopes That Third Time Is A Charm Against Stony Brook In AE Semifinals
UAlbany (19-13, 9-7 AE) vs. Stony Brook (21-8, 14-2 AE) Date Sunday, March 4 at 5:02 p.m. (ET) Location West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Family Arena Tickets Radio Television none Streaming Live Stats americaeast.com Game Notes Binghamton notes | UAlbany notes
UAlbany (19-13, 9-7 AE)
vs. Stony Brook (21-8, 14-2 AE)
Sunday, March 4 at 5:02 p.m. (ET)
West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Family Arena
Binghamton notes | UAlbany notes
West Hartford, Conn.- UAlbany (19-13, 9-7 AE) draws Stony Brook (13-15, 7-9 AE) on Sunday, March 4 at the Chase Family Arena. The Great Danes dropped both games this season by an average of 10.0 points. This will be the third time these two teams will have faced eachother in the tournament.
• Sunday's game can be heard on Fox Sports 980 WOFX-AM in Albany. Rodger Wyland will handle the playby-play with Zack Bye assisting as the color analyst. The game will also be streamed on ESPN3.com
• UAlbany is looking to take its longest winning streak of the season, three, for the third consecutive time against Stony Brook. Stony Brook has ended UAlbany's winning streak of three each time this season, first time at Stony Brook by 13 then at SEFCU Arena by seven. With their top offensive options of Logan Aronhalt, Gerardo Suero, and Luke Devlin playing little to no minutes the last four games, the Danes have almost not lost a beat on the offensive averaging 66.7 points per game and winning its last three of four. Bench players Jacob Iati and Jayson Guerrier have lent a huge hand on offense by averaging a combined 25.2 points in the last four games. On the defensive end, UAlbany has been allowing a season-low 60.5 points in the last four games.
Scouting Stony Brook
• Stony Brook entered the tournament as the No. 1 seed and being honored with the Coach and Defensive Player of the Year. In the first game, the Seawolves took care of business against the Bearcats, 78-69, in the quarterfinals.They have reached the semifinals the last two seasons and are 8-10 overall in the America East tournament.
• Stony Brook's defense is the league's best and 17th in the nation allowing 59.1 points and the offense is averaging 67.7 points, which is a +8.3 that is also a league best. Besides holding opponents offenses in check, Stony Brook has out rebounded their opponents in 25 of the 29 possible games this season. A big reason for the rebounding success has been junior Tommy Brenton (7.9 rbg) and senior Dallis Joyner (6.5) who are
fourth and seventh in the league, respectively.
UAlbany leads Stony Brook in the all-time series, 35-22. The Seawolves took both games this seasons by an average of 10 points. The most recent game was in the SEFCU Arena with UAlbany leading at the half 33-31, but with 45-point second half helped carry Stony Brook over UAlbany.
• Under head coach Will Brown, UAlbany is 0-2 against Stony Brook in the conference tournament but have never faced each other in the semifinals. Brown is 2-1 in the America East Conference Semifinals
Stony Brook Players To Watch
• Stony Brook has one player averaging in double-digit points this season .
• Bryan Dougher is the Seawolves leading scorer this season with 13.3 points per game, shooting 36.8 percent from the floor.
• Dallis Joyner is the most accurate shooter on the floor shooting a league-best 59.0 percent. (102-173 3FG).
• Tommy Brenton, Stony Brook's 6-foot-5 junior forward, is the league's Defensive Player of the Year averages 8.1 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.6 steals a game