|Other College:||Southwestern Illinois|
A transfer from Southwestern Illinois Junior College.
SINGLE-GAME CAREER HIGHS:Points: 8, at Quinnipiac University -- 11/16/13 ; BUCKNELL -- 11/23/13 ; at Rider University -- 11/26/13Rebounds: 14, at Rider University -- 11/26/13Assists: 4, at Rider University -- 11/26/13Steals: 1, 7 timesBlocks: 2, at Vermont -- 01/11/14 ; at Duquesne -- 11/20/13FG made: 3, at Quinnipiac University -- 11/16/13 ; BUCKNELL -- 11/23/13FG attempts: 7, BUCKNELL -- 11/23/133FG made: 1, NJIT -- 11/12/13 ; at Siena -- 11/8/133FG attempts: 2, BUCKNELL -- 11/23/13FT made: 4, at Rider University -- 11/26/13FT attempts: 4, at Rider University -- 11/26/13
- One of 11 UAlbany students to earn the 2014 SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence. The award recognizes "the integration of leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts, campus involvement or career achievement."
- Brought down a career-high and team single-game high 14 rebounds against Rider (11/26)...Also went 4-for-4 from the free throw line on his way to matching a career high of eight points
- Named a candidate for the 2014 NABC Allstate Good Works Team on Dec. 3
- Wiegmann was one of 75 Division I candidates chosen
- Good Works Team honors college basketball players of all levels for their work in the community
- Made his first career start against Bucknell (11/23)
- A 2013-14 Co-Captain
Before UAlbany: Wiegmann, an All-Great Rivers Athletic First Team selection, was the leading scorer and rebounder for the 21-9 Southwestern Illinois Junior College squad...Named Academic All-America as well as GRAC Sportsman of the Year...The 6-foot-8 forward was also named to the All-Region 24 First Team.
Personal: David Allen Wiegmann...Major is human biology (pre-med)...Son of Ron and Lisa Wiegmann...Has one sister, Katelin...A Tau Sigma Honorary Society and SAAC Executive Board member at UAlbany.
Brown on Wiegmann: "David (Wiegmann) is a skilled 4 man who shoots the ball well from the perimeter. He has tremendous length and mobility. He plays extremely hard and has a good feel for the game. He comes from a very structured and successful Junior College program".