|Hometown:||Moreno Valley, Calif.|
|Other College:||Oxnard (Calif.)|
SINGLE-GAME CAREER HIGHS:Points: 28, at Maine -- 1/18/14
- Scored 10 points or more in 13 consecutive games in regular season conference play, the long streak since Tim Ambrose in 2010-11
- Named the America East Player of the Week on Jan. 20 after scoring 28 points at Maine on Jan. 18
- Went a career-best 9-for-11 from the field to record a new career high of 28 points at Maine (1/18)
- Had two offensive rebounds and went 3-for-4 from the free throw line to help UAlbany force overtime and eventually beat UMBC in two overtimes (1/8)
- Scored a then career-high 16 points against Brown (12/10) in his return to the starting line-up after an ankle injury
- Grabbed a career-high seven rebounds at NJIT (12/1)
- Notched a field goal percentage of .500 or better in nine of the first 10 games...Also recorded just eight turnovers in the first 10 games for an assist-turnover ratio of 2.0
- Shot a perfect 4-of-4 from the free-throw line against New Hampshire (2/28)
- Recorded career highs in points (12) and rebounds (5) on 4-of-6 shooting and 4-of-7 from the free-throw line coming off the bench against Stony Brook (1/29)
Before UAlbany: Johnson, a 6-foot-6 wing player, averaged a team-leading 17.3 points and was second-best in rebounding at 6.7 rebounds per game. He was named to both the All-Western State All-Conference Northern Division and All-Western State Conference First Teams.
Personal: Gairon Gerard Johnson ... Major is sociology ... Born on September 15, 1991 ... Son of Gairon Sr. and Angela Johnson ... Has two sisters, Jasmine and Gianni
Brown on Johnson: "Gary (Johnson) is a very versatile big wing who excels on both ends of the court. He does a great job of attacking the rim on offense and can guard multiple positions on defense. He is an excellent athlete as well".