Women's Basketball Hosts Dartmouth
ALBANY, N.Y. – Following a short holiday break, the University at Albany women’s basketball team will host one final game in 2017, against Dartmouth on December 30. The Great Danes will have a chance to close out its December games without a loss, having won its previous six games since December 1.
UAlbany (10-2) most recently played two games in Puerto Rico, rounding out their second week in their last three with three games each. They started the week defeating St. Bonaventure on December 17 at SEFCU Arena. Twelve hours later, the Great Danes were on a plane to Puerto Rico, where they played their first game on December 19 against Southern Illinois. UAlbany defeated the Salukis 68-57. On December 21, UAlbany defeated Northern Illinois in overtime 97-91, their third game in five days.
In the game against the Huskies, five Great Danes scored in double figures. Patricia Conroy and Chyanna Canada each recorded career-highs in scoring, while Jessica Féquière set a career-high with 15 rebounds. Féquière, along with Tiana-Jo Carter, recorded a double-double against Northern Illinois. Carter recorded two more blocks, bringing her within 16 of all-time program leader Gia Sanders.
Another development from the week before the holiday break was UAlbany’s first appearance in the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Great Danes debuted at 22 following their 8-2 start, landing two places behind America East rival New Hampshire, who had fallen to 20 from 13 the week before.
Dartmouth’s most recent game also went to overtime. The Big Green visited Holy Cross on December 20, defeating the Crusaders 76-74 after a single overtime period. Previously, Dartmouth visited then-#13 ranked Ohio State, falling 103-70 to the Buckeyes.
Dartmouth has been on the road since December 11, and will not play another home game until January 6. Their last home game was December 9, a seven point loss to Maine. Dartmouth has played three America East schools so far, going 2-1, and will play another the day after their game against UAlbany, at Binghamton.
Following the Dartmouth game, the Great Danes will begin America East play at Hartford on January 3.
For ticket information for UAlbany basketball games, fans may contact the UAlbany ticket office at 518-442-DANE or ualbanysports.com/tickets.
THE OUTLOOK: DARTMOUTH (8-3) │ Saturday, December 30, 2:00 p.m. │ Albany, N.Y.
Last we met: L, 61-69 (OT), December 29, 2016, Hanover, N.H.
Tale of the Tape
- Dartmouth is 3-2 on the road this season
- UAlbany is 3-1 at home
- UAlbany has won its last six in a row
- Dartmouth has gone 4-3 in its last 7 after opening the season 4-0
- Dartmouth defeated Holy Cross 76-74; UAlbany defeated Holy Cross 65-56
- Dartmouth defeated Vermont 66-56
- Dartmouth defeated New Hampshire 57-49
- Dartmouth lost to Maine 64-51
- Mackenzie Trpcic leads the America East in assists (6.0 apg)
- Jessica Féquière ranks 10th nationally in free throw percentage (.912)
KEYBANK KEYS TO VICTORY (#KEYBANKKEYS):
- Home Court Advantage: UAlbany has won 33 of its last 35 games at SEFCU Arena
- From Deep: UAlbany is a perfect 6-0 this season when making more three-pointers than its opponents
- Win the Half: Dartmouth trailed at the half in all three of its losses this season; UAlbany is 9-0 when leading at halftime
Series History: Dartmouth leads 3-2
2016-17 Record: 8-19, (3-11 Ivy); eighth place Ivy League
Top Offensive Player: Cy Lippold, Jr., G, (14.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg)